Thursday, March 13, 2008

The German Language

Here's a remark from Rachel's e-mail today:

thanks for everything that you sent me! thanks for my watch :) and the tape!!! oh my gosh mom and dad your part in the beginning when you're 'speaking' german almost kills me its SOOO funny!!! sister stewart and i die of laughter every time!! I LOVE IT so anytime you feel like speaking german PLEASE do it on a tape so i can hear it!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about this... I took a year of German in Junior High... I think I know a little bit about what I'm doing... but apparently not!! Apparently my german is comical! I guess it's just good that we give her a good laugh every now and then. :)

She goes on to say:

speaking of german - its coming along really well! we're teaching the 2nd lesson for the LAST TIME next tuesday!!! can you believe it! we get our flight plans either today (although not likely) or tomorrow!!!! i can't believe how the time has flown by!!

anyway back to german, last night sister stewart and i were teaching sister balmer in the TEC and when we were finished she said that our german was so good and she was really impressed with us. she said that we had like an intellient conversation when we had taught her and she could understand us. now, i know that my german really isnt that good. i dont have the grammar down at all and i pronouce the words wrong i'm sure and i know i probably dont conjugate the verbs correctly. but she can understand me!! how cool is that! i think that that's really whats most important, that they can understand me and feel the spirit. everything else will come with time. but its a lot of fun i just open my mouth and try to speak and somehow it comes out in understandable sentences. Hahaha

This is good - apparently she has more talent with the german language than her parents do!

No comments: