Thursday, February 21, 2008

Miscellaneous Blurbs

Rachel's e-mail came later than usual today. I have to admit I was a little anxious... not sure I could wait until Tuesday for a slow mail letter. Much to my relief an e-mail with lots of misc. info arrived. Here are some of her blurbs:

* today's weather was just like washington! it was overcast - i loved it!
* i saw the richardsons yesterday it was great!
* i can't wait for your tapes!!

* i got my haircut today! its as short as it was when i graduated. i think it looks cute - no worries i took pictures. i had some developed but they arent done yet for some reason. so as soon as i get those i'll mail them.

* k so on saturdays the mailroom closes really early and then on monday it was a holiday so on tuesday i had over 10 letters! it was fantastic!!! thanks to everyone who wrote me!
i got a letter from maddie. so sweet!!


* oh i saw jeff's wife - i was in the building where she works and she came looking for me! i was on the phone with someone but i stopped by the room she was in. she's so sweet. thanks to kari for her dearelder letter!!

* k so everyone's translations..yeah websites dont translate correctly. haha but dad your little german phrases were correct.

* ok mom so if when you send me another package..i actually dont want the protein bars i'd rather have kashi ones - and NO CANDY from anyone!:) and maybe some banana chips.

* can you believe i've been here 4 weeks already! tomorrow is my half-way mark! scary huh! pretty soon i'll actually be in germany - poor things they wont be able to understand a word i say. hahaha

* anyway things are going great - sorry this email is SO random but i write down things during the week that i want to email, so i just type from the list. haha most of my stories i've saved for the tape so that you can HEAR me say things! it makes it funnier.

* so on tuesday i have to teach the 1st lesson all in german! oh my goodness - i'm scared. haha no i dont think it'll be too bad. i've already got the first couple typics all written out in german so i just need to finish the lesson and then practice. everytime that sister stewart and i teach, the spirit has been there. its so great! my absolute WORST fear is to teach without the spirit. so i get way nervous before i teach and pray SO much and then everything works out ok.

* last tuesday our german task was to talk about family, teach about prayer and ask them to pray. i did my whole part like almost perfectly!! everything flowed it was fantastic! i'm starting to like german more..its fun.

* i'll try really hard to get the tape finished soon. and i promise to send pictures as soon as i get them!

No comments: