Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ich Liebe Everyone!!!

Lucky for me - Valentine's Day is on a Thursday and Thursday is when I get e-mails from Rachel! Rachel writes:

i have a new calling! i'm the branch music coordinator! so i pick the songs we sing in sacrament meeting and pick musical numbers and such. this sunday the topic is charity and love. so i asked Elder Teare (he's in my district) if he'd be willing to sing I'm Trying to be like Jesus with me. so he and i are singing a duet and sister stewart says that it sounds amazing! elder teare has a great voice. i'll bring the tape recorder and record us during one of our practices so you can hear it!

so my knee has been acting up and i had an elder give me a blessing last sunday. i asked elder surerus if he would do the first part and then asked all my elders to help with the blessing. elder frampton gave the blessing part but i had all my elders standing around me. it was very sweet. i love those elders! i'm going to cry SO hard when we have to leave eachother. 5 of them are going to berlin and elder eaton and elder johnson are coming with me and sister stewart to frankfurt.

i can understand sister stewart when she is talking to me so then i respond with german, spanish and english. hahaha when i say my personal prayers i try and say as much as i can in german, and then if i dont know it i usually know it in spanish so then i throw in spanish words and then whatever i dont know in german or spanish i throw in some english. i bet heavenly father just sits there and laughs at me because i'm using german and spanish words with english grammer which is totally different!

well post to all my friends that i love them all and pray for them everyday - and send me emails through dearelder! i feel so left out!! and i promise to try and write back on p-days! ok well i better get off otherwise it'll kick me off without sending the email and that would be horrible!!!! ICH LIEBE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

("Ich liebe everyone" is german/english for "I love everyone!")
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Thanks Michelle! I appreciate that. I'm new at this blog thing and thought I should just take a shot at it. I think that is such a great idea to make a blog for Rachel's letters. If you don't mind, I might steal your idea and show my Mom how to make a whole seperate blog dedicated to Spencer's letters. You should check out Steven Kelly's blog. I think Jen made it. Anyway, sounds like Rachel is doing great! Tell her I said hi. :)Hope all is well!