Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Letter AND A Tape!!

Double bonus today... a letter and a tape from Rachel! It was so amazingly wonderful to hear her voice! I love to hear that girl talk. I'll probably listen to the tape over and over again.

Some things from the letter:

"I wish there was more to tell, but I don't do much here except eat, sleep, study and the gym. German is still really hard but I think that it will get better when we start learning how to conjucate verbs and learn sentence structure. I'm actually looking forward to learning that stuff.

Gramper sends me a "language lesson" almost every day. I think he looks up sentences online and sends them to me. (He does!!) They make my teacher laugh!"

On her tape she says that she's seen several people from home: Nate Farnsworth, Bryant Hodson, Mitchell Breinholt, Travis Needham and Marci Krumperman. She ran into Marci at the temple. (I'm jealous!)

On the tape she also says that she's been playing volleyball during their gym time. She feels like she "has a purpose" because she's short and she can squat really low. (So funny!) She also sang in the MTC Choir.

All in all it sounds like she's doing well! She did burn a hole through one of her skirts while ironing it... I guess we should have practiced that more before she left. And she really appreciates the letters you are all sending her! At the end of the tape she bore a very short testimony in German. That's my girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Rach! I am so proud of you!! You sound like you are doing so well!! I am so proud that you could, first of all bear a testimony, and to do it in German is just that much more impressive!!! I am truly honored to have such an amazing friend! Keep up the good work!!! Oh! And try not to burn any more skirts! ;)