Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Want To Be Happy!

well i think i know what Heavenly Father wants me to do because everyone has been giving me the exact same advice (including my mission president) - lose myself in the work, serve others and don't think so much about myself - well i think it's easier said than done and a little scary...BUT i'm going to do it because i want to be happy!

we had zone conference last week and it was exactly what i needed. president has made lots of changes! i like most of them...however...there's one that could possibly be the death of me....no more soccer on saturday mornings.....AHHHHH luckily i was praying before that i would be okay with whatever changes that president was going to make ( i knew he was going to make lots) so when he told us about soccer... i was shocked but then he gave his reasonings... i wont go into detail about... but he's fasted and prayed about it and he feels VERY strongly that we shouldn't have sport anymore. but he promised blessings and so i'm taking Heavenly Father at His word and i'm going to be good and not do sport. although now i have to find another outlet....

anyway at my interview with president he asked me if i was happy. i told him 'it depends on the day' he asked me if i think a lot about myself... well duh, yes. but then he made a point that when we think too much about ourselves then we aren't very happy. so now i'm trying to focus on others and how i can help other people be happy. so far it's going good... but it's only been like 2 days. haha i know it'll help. i'm already feeling a lot better and there's more purpose to my days now.

oh yeah our investigator with a baptismal date... not going to happen. she needed to come to church on sunday but she didn't. we're going to have to push back the date.

i didn't get to see the womens broadcast - however they're going to show it on sunday at the church while the guys watch the priesthood session. i can't wait for conference this weekend!!!!!!

THANKS for all you do for me! i've realized that Heavenly Father shows His love for me through all of you! and i thank Him every day for that!

thanks to EVERYONE for the emails i got!: grandma doty, gramma and grampa, bergholms, jameson, meg, jess, marci

1 comment:

Kristen Parker said...

I want to be happy too! I guess I need to think more about others. This brings to mind Elder Holland's talk about angels. We can think of others, be an "angel" here on earth...and be HAPPY! Thanks for sharing. I love the pictures of beautiful Sis. Doty in Germany doing the Lord's work...it makes me happy!
Kristen Parker