Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm So Lucky

Yesterday was a hard day for me. A week ago yesterday we said goodbye to Rachel at the MTC. Since then I keep waiting for her to call me. She always calls! She calls me almost every day! Why isn't she calling??! My mind knows why... (she can't)... but my heart keeps waiting for her phone call. I pulled out one of her CD's yesterday and listened to it all afternoon. I can't tell if it helped or not, but it reminded me of her.

Then I reread an e-mail I got a couple of days ago from a good friend. The e-mail said, "

You are SO LUCKY to have a missionary!!!! Now you yourself will become an even better missionary here because you will want to tell people about your daughter in Germany and why she's there and it will lead to a gospel discussion. Dixie pondered on what to tell people about what her son was doing and she came upon this phrase that she used ever after: He's teaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to the people in Mexico."

After reading that I was reminded again... yes - I am so lucky! I have a daughter who is worthy to serve the Lord. And she wants to! And she is! And I will survive and probably be better because of it. So thank you Kathleen for reminding me of what's important. Now I need to look for opportunities to tell people where my daughter is and why. But in the mean time I'll probably keep listening to her CD's. Hope she doesn't mind. :o)

No comments: