Monday, January 28, 2008

First Letter!

Today in the mail we got Rachel's first letter home. Here is an excerpt from it:

"I survived my first 24 hours! I'm doing pretty good. German is HARD! I keep confusing it with spanish, so it's frustrating. I'm really having a hard time pronouncing the words but I keep practicing. My companion took a couple years in junior high and I think she's really good. She helps me and is very encouraging. Her name is Sister Stewart and I really like her. She's from Orem, Utah and we have the same birthday! I'm really glad she's my companion and we have awesome elders in our district! I really like our branch president too.

Alright, well time seriously flies by at the MTC and I gotta run. I'm eating the food but I think it's because we can only eat at our scheduled times and no time for snacks. So I'm SO hungry by the time we get to eat.

I haven't really cried since I've been here, but when I'm in class learning German I have a hard time not crying. Oh well, it'll get better. I just have to keep working on it."


That's it! Short, sweet and so wonderful to finally hear from her!

No comments: