Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Blog

I've been thinking lately about the blog...
this blog.
Rachel and I started it together before she left on her mission.
I told her I wanted to do it so that her friends would have a way
to follow her while she served.
Well...
little did I know that it would be a missionary tool.
Back in April I found a comment that had been posted on the blog
by a young man named Daniel.
It was a very nice comment.
Apparently Daniel was trying to get some information
about our church on the internet
and he found Rachel's blog.
He said, "I have to say that it is amazing what you are doing
for your beliefs and for all the people out there.
You are trying to show them some answers for important questions.
I by myself just started to think
about the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,
because I think that I am on a point in my life
where I have to ask myself what is important.
In what direction I will go."

I e-mailed Rachel Daniel's comment
and the next week she asked me to post a note to him on the blog.
(See post on April 28th)
Since then Rachel and Daniel have e-mailed each other weekly
as a missionary and an investigator.
Daniel has been meeting with the elders in his area
which as it turns out isn't too far from where Rachel is serving.

In Rachel's last e-mail to the family she wrote:
Daniel's getting baptized at the end of august. i'm going to miss it.
but we`re for sure going to meet before i leave.

pretty much daniel's emails have been getting me through.
i printed them off and i read them like all the time.
he's so amazing!
his email this week really touched me
because he said that my emails have helped him.
throughout this whole thing i haven't felt like i've made much of a difference
but he said that it's nice to have email support
since he doesn't get it from family or friends.
so way to go mom in wanting to create a blog for me!


Who would have thought.
Daniel: you are in our prayers.

2 comments:

Meg said...

That is so amazing! How awesome. :) Rachel must be so happy.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Rach is amazing and that is awesome that this has turned into a missionary tool. I am so excited to see her soon and I know that she is an amazing missionary.