Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Transfer Day

Rachel with Sister Ranzenberger - her companion from Heidelberg who is heading home after serving faithfully for 18 months - and with Sister Stewart - her companion from the MTC who is now a trainer in Frankfurt.


Last picture with Sister Barnhart - her companion from Karlsruhe.










i have to tell you about transfers. so we got like 4 hours of sleep because we found out at like 11pm tuesday night that we were actually going to have elders live in our apartment. we got up at 4am to finish everything and we had to be to the train station to catch our train at 6:55 am. our whole district was being transferred so we had a LOT of luggage. so we finally make it to frankfurt and waited for everyone to get there. so as people were starting to leave i stood by the door because i didn't know who i was suppose to go with because my companions didn't come to frankfurt to get me. before i know it all the missionaries are gone except the office elders. i was like...so where am i suppose to go? so an elder calls around and elder peterson came back for me. so i head out with my group and get on the u-bahn to take us to frankfurt bahnhoff. so we finally get to the main train station in frankfurt and i see a huge group of elders...all going to the south. so elder edwards calls around and gets ahold of elder peterson and they were all already on the train heading up north to düsseldorf. so they all get off at the frankfurt airport stop and me and elder McCurdy get on a train together with all our stuff and head over to the airport. so i was companions with an elder for like 15 minutes. so we meet up with our group but then we have to wait 2 hours for the next train to come to take us where we all need to go. so i just sat there by myself...elders are like scared of sisters or something and waited for the train to come. we get on the train and head up north and i get off in düsseldorf because that's where my companions are suppose to pick me up. but hopkins called me on the train and said that my companions were in an appointment and were going to get there late. so after we got to düsseldorf i still had to wait like an hour for my companions to come and then it was like 45 to Mönchengladbach and we got home at like 9:30pm. and that was my transfer day.

No comments: