Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Observations

I asked Rachel to tell me more about Heidelberg:

grocery shopping: we have this sad little grocery store here in town by the internet cafe that I'm at right now. but I've found this organic brand that i LOVE! this brand has couscous and other really yummy food that i like! yes they do have stroopwaffles and mentos here! except i havent found the flavor of stroopwaffles that i like yet. i've only found the honey flavor. :P

observations: ok all the girls here color their hair..and not just young ones. old ladies color their hair too and its not natural! what i mean is in america most of the time when people color their hair its like a natural color and you cant tell that they color their hair. but here you can TOTALLY tell and it looks SO tacky!!! haha

the buildings here are all colorful too. when we're riding on a bus or bann you see all this color when you look out the window. i think it's really cool! i'll be sure to take a picture sometime.

oh i love the windows here! they are so cool! you can have them closed, opened so that the bottom is attached and the top opens in (as in towards the inside of the room you're in) or it can open like a door all the way into the room you're in. I'll take pictures. i think its SO cool!!!

my companion sister ranzenberger is so funny. we laugh ALL THE TIME! sometimes i think we're a little too loud..but we have fun. she's really real with me and open about what she's feeling. so if she's having a hard time with something she'll tell me. sometimes i wish she didnt just cause its nice to be with someone who is confident about everything all the time so i could feel like everything is alright. but at the same time I'm glad she does that because it kind of forces me to step up a bit. but i really do like my comp. we have a lot of fun together.

the time is flying by! this cycle (cycles are each 6 week period and at the end of the 6 weeks is transfers) is almost over! i can't believe it! but greenies (here in my mission we call them goldens) are with their trainers for 2 cycles usually. so i'll be with sister ranzenberger for a while! i do miss sister stewart though! i got to call her the other day because we got a contact from someone in her area. it was fun to talk to her!

No comments: